- Improve the lives of postdocs with dependents
- Make it more possible for postdocs who wish to have children to do so
Why It Matters?
Having a family and a successful research career is difficult, but not impossible. This group makes sure that postdocs with families are represented in event planning, as well as providing resources and information for other postdocs.
What are We Working on?
- Identify the needs of postdocs with families - conduct survey?!
- Form unofficial childcare share group; and petcare
- Brainstorm event ideas suitable for postdocs with kids
SURPAS Family Committee
Chair: Sarah Eagleman