Calling all ghouls, goblins, skeletons, and super-heros...
Tomorrow is your day to play!
Come to the SURPAS Halloween Party for a chance to meet other postdocs and families, indulge your sweet tooth, and win big at the costume contest! All postdocs are welcome!
WHAT: SURPAS Family Halloween Afternoon Party
WHEN: Saturday 10/28/2017, 2PM – 5PM
WHERE: Dean's Lawn, Campus Dr/Roth way, Stanford (large green space near Clark Center)
Please RSVP here!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Are you a postdoc with a family or planning a family? We need your input!
Calling all postdoctoral fellows with children or who have children or who are thinking of having children! We want to make your family life easier with initiatives:
- To improve communication and opportunities to get family support within Stanford and the Bay Area
- To coordinate child friendly events and social activities for parents and potential parents (e.g. discounts to children's museums, park activities)
- To organize play groups
- To present Stanford administration with a comprehensive list with ways to improve postdoc lives with families (e.g. flexible spending accounts, subsidized childcare, back up care).
We are the SURPAS family committee and would greatly appreciate your input on Monday 10/16/2017 at 10am - 11am in LKSC room 203/204.
We'll have coffee and snacks to keep you awake and energized! See you then!
If you are unable to attend, but have great ideas for how you can be better supported, please email the chair of the SURPAS Family Committee Sarah Eagleman at email@example.com with [SURPASFamily] in the subject line.
SBPA knows postdoc time ain’t for free; thus, for the year’s first meeting we are coordinating with the brownificence of BGSA and of SBBO for a "Welcome Back” (we know you never left…) social. Let SBPA help you “wine-down” with spirited beverages on Oct. 6th, 2017 from 5:15pm - 7pm, location TBD.
SBPA will be serving info on the upcoming Autumn Quarter events and new membership incentives being initiated this year.
Postdoc Appreciation Week Open Mic Night
hosted by SURPAS
Tell us your Epic Fails
Because you deserve appreciation, even when you f*ck up.
- Walk-ins welcome.
- Free Drinks for presenters.
- Grand prize for worst fail!
Special guest performance by Tom the Science Rapper